Thursday, February 9, 2012

What's on YOUR Desk?

A friend sent me the question:  List ten things on your desk.  Now, I know you didn't lose sleep because you didn't know what's on my desk, and I know that knowing this doesn't matter one whit in the grand scheme of things, but answering this was kinda fun!

Okay.  I am a coffeeholic.  I have cups of coffee, some still hot and some that have cooled completely, all over my house.  Well....maybe not all over....  Nevertheless, the first noteworthy thing on my desk is my cup of coffee.

I don't have a lot of "open space."  I've always been like this.  When I was employed outside the home, I had "disorganized organization."  That's a nice way of saying that my desk looked like a bomb exploded on it.  Perpetually!  


So this corner of my desk has a phone (yes, I still use a landline!), business cards are clothes-pinned together, a Netflix DVD that I need to return, and a menu for Chinese food!  In the background is an organizer (which, in itself, for MY space, is really ironic!) with bills and greeting cards and statements and CDs, then there is a Facing Your Giants calender.  Apropos!



On the other side of my desk is my Greyhound mug filled with pens and pencils, stuffed Panda bears, and behind the bears is a wall calender hanging from the back wall of the hutch.  Then I have pix of some of my sponsored kids, HP printer, a stuffed chickadee (?) is on the printer (this was a Christmas present--when I squeeze it, it cheeps!), the paper behind its head is a list of 2012 suspense dates for a newsletter that I do for an organization, and a fold-out greeting card is taped to the back wall of the hutch.  Oh!  To the right of that is a pic of a friend and the book for a Bible study--"When Life is Hard."  In front on the desktop is my mouse, a wooden star which reads BELIEVE (another Christmas present!) and the remote control for my radio.

Well.  I have not been in the work force for over ten years, but little has changed regarding my desktop.  And I guess I still have trouble counting to TEN!

Now, I'm going to fire another question back to my friend.  Before taking pix, did you "tidy up a bit" first???  HA!

1 comment:

  1. I would definitely have to tidy up a bit before taking that pic of my desk! Love your pandas!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!