Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Quiet Time

The hour is late so I can see little more than darkness beyond my windows.  I hear the dishwasher running…the hum of the computer…I hear Mia breathing as she is sleeping with her nose buried into the dog blanket on the floor.  (She sounds like Darth Vader when she does this!)

I like this time of night.  It gives me a chance to gear down before going to bed.  Maybe I will go through my mail.  Or make a cup of Chamomile tea.  Finish reading the chapter in my book.  Write a little.  Or just be introspective and listen to the quiet.  Talk with God.  This is also a good time to hear Him talk to me.  He has a still, small voice (1 Kings 19:12) and I must be still [noiseless, silent, stationary, tranquil, calm].

During the day, I’m in the midst of “doing” and I’m distracted by a million things.  I call it “Pinging”…and I’m all over the map!  Telephone calls interrupt, the “kidz” see a cat outside and all is sheer pandemonium for a couple minutes, people stop over unexpectedly….  During the day, I usually don’t have a chance to make myself quiet.  So I do enjoy my night-times with Jesus.  Well…I enjoy ANY time with Jesus!

2 comments:

  1. Quiet times are good times. I like them, too. You have such a great way of stating things! I enjoy your blog!
    Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you, Pandy..........we know about those doggie snores!! Enjoy your times of quiet. In our rush about world, we forget to take time to enjoy the silence. :)+

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!