Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Plainclothes Angels


I made a post on a social media website (yes, we all know which one it is!) that Max refused his breakfast this morning…first time EVER!  He just would not eat, even when I held the bowl for him, even when I tried to hand-feed him.  Nope.  He wanted nothing to do with it.  I guess I’m concerned because he IS thirteen…and that’s a long time for a Greyhound.  He’s an “old man” and can’t afford to go skipping meals.  He NEEDS that nutrition.

My friends stepped up to offer everything from prayers to food suggestions.  *A* suggested chicken and rice and was asking questions about his diet and protein, *P* brought over some chicken and got a bag of rice for me from the grocery store, *G* suggested supplements like Chondroitin Glucosamine, and *D* sent emails throughout the day to check up on him….

My friends.  Plainclothes Angels.  For Max and for me.  Most know that I can’t drive anymore because of the MS, so I really appreciated those angels who were my legs at the grocery store today.  Well, I really appreciated any and all who contributed advice…who took the time to show love, compassion, empathy.  And here I thought of them as just “my friends” when they all were plainclothes angels.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you have your angels close by sweetie, and I really hope Max is eating today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Pandora, heating pad. It helps me a lot with neck arthritis pain. Before such luxury, my Mom used to heat bricks in the oven and wrap them in towels to put by an ill pet. Also - would he lick some Olive Oil? (Calories and Vit B.) Plain yoghurt? or, (horribly expensive now), Goat's Milk? Both are easy on their digestive system. A gentle pat to him from us, George and Gabi Stansberry.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!