Saturday, February 4, 2012

Poetry Pause - On the Edge of the Moon

It's not the same
as in black-and-white movies
where the good guy always wins,
the boy gets the girl,everyone lives happily ever after
and nobody ever dies.

I'm living life
on the edge of the moon.
Not afraid of falling off, exactly,
but a bit nervous of falling down
to Earth
and to full-color reality.
It's nice up here--
so much closer to Heaven.
But here, I am alone.

The hurt is healing
and, ultimately, I was born
with a determination and
a strength that Mother
never taught me
but exists, just the same.
It's in the blood.

So I will journey away
from the dark side of the Moon.
I will not fall from the edge
but I will take a leap.
Look out below.
I am coming back.

by Pandora
appeared in Stand Alone Literary Magazine
February 1999, Vol. 3, #1

Have you ever felt like this?  I wrote this several years ago.  I was down and depressed when I began to write, but writing things out is one way to change my attitude and perspective.  In writing, I realize that all is NOT gloom and doom, and I do have a choice NOT to be a victim.

2 comments:

  1. Man! Am I glad you came back from the dark side! I so love the light side of you! LOL! I think your poetry is awesome!
    Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your poetry is great and God is amazing! I'm now a follower, thanks to "Grace InAZ!"
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!