Sunday, February 12, 2012

So Simple, Yet It Meant So Much!

 

A friend called today to see how I was doing and I told her that I really managed to mess up my little toe-- I caught it on a nail.  Ouch.  She asked how I was treating it.  I was soaking it in water because I ran out of Epsom salts.  She told me that her daughter was in town, she would call her on her cell phone and ask her to drop off Epsom salts and Neosporin at my house.

Later when I looked, I found such a nice surprise!  Outside my front door was a gift bag with the Epsom salts and Neosporin.  Also in the bag was a bright red envelope with a butterfly keychain, AND (here’s the best part!) a bag of Godiva Dark Chocolate Strawberry Truffles!  It was so completely surprising as it was from my friend’s daughter, and I really don’t know her well.  That she took the time to “fix up” my medical stuff made it special.  But the Godivas put it over the top!  That gift bag was so unexpected and sweet that I had good feelings for the rest of the day!

I did call my friend (her mom), told her about the bag and asked, “Now, did you tell her to do that?”  I could hear the love and pride in her voice when she answered, “No.  She’s just like that!  That’s the way she is!”

How about that?  So special!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!