Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Who Am I?


I am a writer, a poet.

I am a Greyhound Mom, a Feathered Friend’s Mom.

I am a daughter, a sister, a godmother, a good friend.

I am a child of God.

I am an intelligent, creative Woman of Worth.

I am a person with a physical disability.

So often I hear (and from those who love me) that “you can’t do ‘this and such’,” and “you shouldn’t try” and “you may hurt yourself.”

Discouragement spoken in love.  Protection.  I understand and can see that the intents of those hearts are only for good.

But what is “good?”  For whom?  Who am I?  I am not a disability.  I am a woman, dependent on others, who holds on viciously to what independence she has.

In my weakness, I have strength of character.

In my neediness, I encourage and support others.

During my most vulnerable moments, I fall into the arms of Jesus.

Who am I?  I am still, basically, the same person I was when healthy.  I now have many more physical limitations and am in a constant state of learning how to cope, compromise and accept.  I am learning to discern that which cannot be changed, and improve on that which may be changed.

I am ME.


2 comments:

  1. You are the best "ME" that I know, and don't you dare change one iota! Great post.. you are such an inspiration!
    Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said, Pandora. You know your own truth and that is why I like being here as a follower- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!