Thursday, March 29, 2012

It Has Been A LONG Four-and-a-half Months!


Mid-November of last year, I had to have all (except for eight!) teeth pulled.  The drug I was taking for my Multiple Sclerosis destroyed my teeth.

I put off the decision for as long as I could.  Who WANTS dentures?  But teeth were breaking every time I opened my mouth (it seemed!). 

Sooooo, I talked with my dentist.  Fortunately, he was familiar with MS and scheduled me with some oral surgeons.  He was also upfront and truthful with me.  “I will make dentures for you, but I will NOT put them in your mouth right away.  With your MS and medical history, I want you to HEAL first.  You’ll be without teeth for a minimum of three months.  Now, if you don’t want to do that, that’s fine.  But then you’ll need to find another dentist.”

I agreed, but there were times I half-wished I hadn’t.  I was without teeth for my birthday, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year’s….

Well, yesterday was The Day!  I still have to go in for adjustments, but at least I can SMILE again!  For me, that's pretty important.  In fact, I never realized just how MUCH I smiled at people.  I smile to say "Hi", smile to encourage, smile to share joy, smile to express thanks, so much more.  

Everytime you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.  ~Mother Teresa


1 comment:

  1. I love your smile...and your new teeth! Worth the wait, I'd say!
    Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!