Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pass the Peas, Please


Ow.  The after-effects of my last tumble are taking hold.  My arms hurt where the paramedics pulled me out of the way.  I did something to my foot with this second fall...there’s a black-n-blue “band” across my ankle.  I think I may have twisted it.  Etcetera.  Time to get out the frozen peas to "ice" it.

Go to a doctor?  Not at this time.  Nothing is broken.  Basically, what I really need to do is rest.  Preferably in bed with this foot elevated.

I’m not too good with bed rest.  Unless I can sleep soundly, I just mentally ping off the walls with grand plans of what I think I need to do, ideas to implement, and “stuff” in general.

I can’t read in bed anymore.  I did that all the time when I was younger.  But now when I read, I prefer to have my book/Kindle on a table and underline/highlight or make notes.

Maybe this is the time to pop in the audiobook I have on The Pilgrim’s Progress (John Bunyan).  I have a  CD player beside my bed, so I’ll just settle in for 10+ hours!  Pass the peas, please!

1 comment:

  1. Oh- I am so sorry you took a tumble! I'm like you-NOT good abed trying to "rest". My body might be there but my mind is free ranging trying to grapple with everything I want/need/should do.

    Blessings to you- I hope your day is a good one! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!