Friday, March 2, 2012

Makeit Simple - *M*'s Pasta

I will preface this recipe with a little story of how I ended up trying it.  My friend back home, *M*, is Italian.  Her father made this dish every Friday night for dinner in the "Old Country."  She invited me over for dinner and said that, if I didn't like it, she had another meal ready to pop in the oven for me.  Puzzled, I asked her why I wouldn't like it?  "It is made with anchovies."

"Put the other food in the oven!"

It took quite a bit of cajoling.  I argued that I HATED anchovies.  Detested.  Despised.  Abhorred.  It was only because she almost pleaded with me to try it, and because I loved her as a friend, that I gave in.

I was stunned when it immediately became one of my favorites! 

Take 2 cloves of garlic.  Use a fork to crush them in a small saucepan.  Add 1/4 cup butter, add a scant 1/4 cup olive oil, then add 2 cans of anchovies.  (Do not drain.)  Turn heat to medium low, cover with a lid and simmer together 5 - 10 minutes.  In a large bowl, mix into cooked angel hair pasta or capellini.  Serve with warm Italian bread and salad.

You will enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Stop! You are making me hungggggyyyyy!It's only breakfast time here! Seriously, let me know when you make it and I'd like a taste. Just a tiny one.
    Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm... I was doing really good until I got to the anchovy part!;>) I don't know if I would be able to try it or not...xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd try it... if someone else made it... but I don't think I'd be brave enough to try it myself lol. Guess I'll have to come to AZ and have you make me some hehe

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!