Friday, March 16, 2012

Poetry Pause -- Prelude

I bit into a pear--
it tasted of lilacs
and I caught the juice at my wrist
with my tongue.
Legs up, settled into
the corner of a weathered-wood porch swing,
the close summer evening
was heavy with touchable stars.
Fireflies lit,a slow marriage with the night,
and drifted lazily
amidst the arms of a rhododendron tree
which carried pink and purple flower bouquets
as bridesmaids at the wedding.
Sweet perfume sang
from a tangle of honeysuckle,
the swing creaked gently
but I could not match my body
to the rhythm of cicadas
hidden somewhere in the shadows.
So, I lay back my head,
thinking of nothing,
and swam with eyes closed
along thiis fringe of tomorrow.

by Pandora

Echoes
Volume 3, Number 4, Issue 15

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful prose, Pandora! I love it- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...what a way with words...I can smell them, taste them, feel them. Thank you!
    Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!