Saturday, March 10, 2012

Gifts Outside My Window


Both my neighbor and I feed the birds.  I hang a hummingbird feeders from the edges of my ramada, and she suspends ones with seeds from the sides of her back porch.  Of course, her bird friends are much more vocal than my little hummers.  Especially, when my window is open, I can hear them as they have their breakfast, loudly singing and chattering with one another.

I hear those birds, I know they are there, but I can’t see them.

It’s much the same with God.  I can’t see His face as I see the faces of family and friends, but I know He’s here.  He gives me evidence of His presence in so many ways.  I see proof of Him in His creation, even looking only as far as outside my window – sunlight, mountains, trees, even those hungry birds as they fly to and from my neighbor’s feeder.  I hear His voice in the thunder and the wind and the rains.

I can’t see Him as a physical being, but I know he’s here and that He’s with me all the time.  All I need to do is look outside through my window.

… I will never leave you nor forsake you. 
Joshua 1:5b

2 comments:

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!