Friday, April 13, 2012

Gifts Outside My Window


After a summer storm, I open my window and sometimes see rainbows.  Prism fragments, half arcs, full arcs and, once, a double arc have combed through the sky at different times.  Not only do these beautiful ribbons of color astound me all in themselves, but often they appear and share a stage of paradox – brilliant sun with storm clouds.

Life’s journey seems to be one of traveling “along the Road of Paradox,” experiencing combinations of highs and lows, goodness with tribulation, joinings and separations, life and death.  Through it all, however, God is dependable, and one of His signature promises is the rainbow.

Looking to the sky, I find a sense of hope that the sun above can simultaneously share a heavenly expanse with dark, angry clouds.  In the same way, there is hope that the Light shines in the midst of my personal storm.  I find comfort when I see a rainbow suspended overhead – a silent promise that God has not forgotten me nor my journey.

Whenever a rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on this earth.  Genesis 9:16

1 comment:

  1. I love rainbows...so pretty, and the air always smells so good, too. I feel especially blessed when I can see even the violet color show up!
    Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!