Friday, January 27, 2012

Meet my 4-legged "kidz!"


I hope to cover a variety of topics on this blog:  Greyhounds, recipes, Multiple Sclerosis, volunteering, the Answer to life, amateur digital photography, books, humor…and YOUR ideas about where you would like to go on this journey.

I think I’ll begin with my four-legged family.  I am a Greyhound Mom, and adopted my first retired racing Greyhound in 2002.  I will talk about ALL of my “kidz” later on, to be sure.  But I have only two right now—the oldest is my fawn-colored boy Max who will be 13 this May.  The second is a seven year old red fawn and black brindle girl, Mia Pasha, and each of her names is from my two closest friends.

My favorite story is about, Max.  A few years ago, I was fostering another Greyhound in addition to mine.  She found the basket of stuffie toys that I have for my Greys, she found a toy she liked, and promptly trotted out the dog door with the toy in her mouth!
I was outside on the patio and thought that I’d just retrieve the toy when she dropped it.  But I didn’t have to!  Max then came out the dog door, looked at me as if to say in disgust, “Doesn’t that new dog know any better?!  We don’t take our toys outside!”  He went up to her and took the toy from her, turned around and took the toy into the house!  I never taught him to do that!

But he is a very smart boy…well, he’s an old man at 13.  Ah, he’ll always be Mommy’s Boy!

I’ll think of a story to tell about Mia Pasha tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. My two fav fur-friends are the perfect topic for your first post here. Your readers will soon learn that you are no stranger to the written word and will be blessed by your writings! Good luck with this endeavor and keep 'em coming!
    Your first follower of many to come!
    Hugs, GraceinAZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I am glad you are back!! :)+

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pandy!!
    I'm so happy that you've started your blog!! You're such a good writer that I can feel myself being transported right to your home. Can't wait to continue following your life and words. Love You!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you started a blog. I also follow Grace in AZ whom I find funny in a troubled world. Look forward to your future posts.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!