Monday, June 18, 2012

Makeit Simple - It's-Really-Good Soup

It's-Really-Good Soup




Brown some ground beef.  I was experimenting only for me, so I think I used about 1/2 pound.   Mince two cloves of garlic.  Boil and chop two small red potatoes.  Add about a cup of cooked Northern White beans.  (Are they available in cans?  I always just make a big pot of beans to use for “whatever!”)  Chop about 1/4 to 1/2 cup onion.  Add about 1/2 to 1 cup kale.  Put everything into a pot of beef broth or water with beef bouillon.  Add between 1/2 and 1 teaspoon turmeric (I have no idea because my hand slipped and it just dumped!)  Simmer together.  Oh, WOW!  Was this ever GOOD!

3 comments:

  1. Would it be good for breakfast? I am still hungry and it's still early! I love your "toss it & taste it" method of cooking!
    Hugs, GraceinAZ (Pat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ymm, this sounds really good, if I had kale, I would be making it. Tumeric is such a good spice and I don't use it often enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louise, Pandy's house is always smelling "flavorful" with all the spices she uses!
    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!