Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Gifts Outside My Window

This summer morning was almost perfect.  The air was cool and refreshing as the sun had not yet climbed very high into the sky.  Only a whisper of wind touched the trees.

I looked out my window and saw two people jogging.  It was evident they were completing their morning run.  Both looked a bit weary, their strides were close to the ground, hair was disheveled, you could see that they were sweated and breathing heavily.

Though it appeared as if they were almost home, neither of them seemed to lose focus.  Their heads were up and their eyes were fixed on something ahead.  Perhaps it was exactly thoughts of finishing the run that defined their goals.  Perhaps they were anticipating the rewards of a long shower and breakfast.

I am running a footrace here on this earth, and my Father in heaven is waiting for me to finish.  He encourages my steps when I become winded and fatigued, and reaches out His arms to catch me if I stumble.

Seeing those two joggers this morning reminded me to define my focus towards Jesus, and not stop running until I reach my eternal Home.

... and let us run with a perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus ....  Hebrews 12:1,2

1 comment:

  1. Great post! And a good reminder to focus on Jesus and finishing the race! Thanks! Your writing always inspires me!
    Hugs,
    GraceinAZ (Pat)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment and let me know what you think!